1. Unboxing & Setup
- Remove the grow kit lid, but save it for later.
- Fill the grow kit with an abundance of water (+/- 20º C), until the edge.
- Close the grow kit with the lid, and let it soak for approx 12 hours. (Not less than 6, not more than 18.
The mycelium can drown if too long under water.)
- After soaking, remove the lid and carefully pour off the extra water.
- Put the grow kit inside the plastic bag. Close it by folding the top of the plastic bag.
- Secure the top with the paperclips provided. Make sure your plastic bag is still straight up.
- Place the grow kit in an area with enough daylight, but not in direct sunlight.
- The ideal room temperature is between 18 and 25 º C. The min-maximum varies per product.
optional : Perforating When your kit is a bit dry on arrival take a clean fork and make some holes in the top layer, so the grow kit can absorb water later. 4 jabs is enough.
- The first pinheads will usually be visible in 1 to 3 weeks. Be patient though; it may take some time before pinheads appear.
They can be recognized as being many very small white-brownish bumps that will increase in size by the hour.
- The right moisure amount here is when you see small dew drops. No drops is too dry, big dripping drops is too wet.
3. Shrooms Maturing
- Most pinheads have now grown larger than 2 cm. They have become toddler shrooms.
- In this phase, leave the bag slightly open, so that the moisture inside the grow bag can evaporate a little. The paperclips can go.
As soon as the first shrooms are visible it usually takes between 1 to 3 days before they are fully developed.
- The best time to harvest the matured shrooms is just before the caps open. During maturing they look like globe/planet. When the skin underneath the round caps starts to loosen up, they get the shape of a mexican sombrero hat.
- If the spores under the caps are still closed, but threaten to burst, start harvesting.
- Grab the stem gently and turn the mushroom to the left and then to the right and gently pull. This way you can remove the mushroom as complete as possible. By gently pulling, you prevent your grow kit from damage; it can get a bit wounded when pulling too rough.
Good News! Our grow kits can produce several harvests. In fact, re-harvesting can be repeated 1 – 3 times
- After harvesting your first flush, clean the surface of the grow kits, by removing the old and not matured mushrooms. This gives the new mushrooms the ability to grow.
Make sure you chew the shrooms very very well on an empty stomach. That way all the active substances will be absorbed by your body. Beginning trippers: Start with consuming 10 grams of fresh shrooms. Advanced trippers: Start with consuming 20 grams of fresh shrooms.
Fresh Shroom Dosages
- 2 grams – microdose
- 10 grams – light trip
- 15 grams – medium trip
- 25 grams – strong trip
- 50 grams – ’heroic’ trip
How long do mushroom grow kits take to grow?
Typically, our shroom kits take about 1-3 weeks from beginning to harvest. It also depends variably on the climate. The warmer the temperatures, the faster the flush. In cooler temperatures, it can take longer. In the winter or in generally cold rooms, we recommend heating mats to jumpstart your grow kits
How long do pinheads take to appear?
After setting up your grow kit, it normally takes 7-10 days until you see pinheads. When temperatures are too cold or dry, it can take about 10-14 days.
What is the shelf life of my mushroom harvest?
Fresh shrooms: 3 days in the fridge. Dried shrooms: months, even years (potency will drop slowly). Stored in a dark and dry container.
What is that black powder growing on my kit?
The black powder on top are the spores which the mushrooms release after having matured. This is very normal. It is best to harvest them before they start releasing the spores, because the spores can cover the grow kit so much that new pinheads cannot grow from it anymore. If there is a thick layer, then it is best to soak the cake completely underwater and to very gently and carefully rub the spores off with your fingers. Careful because it is very delicate.
Dried Shroom Dosages
- 0.2 gram – microdose
- 1 gram – light trip
- 1.5 grams – medium trip
- 2.5 grams – strong trip
- 5 grams – ’heroic’ trip
Do I have to presoak the Mushroom Grow Kits?
Yes, you need to fill the grow kit with water (+/-20 º C), until the edge. Close the grow kit with the lid, and let it let it soak for approx 12 hours. (Not less than 6, not more than 18. The mycelium can drown if too long under water.)
How long can I store an unopened grow kit?
Unopened shroom grow kits can stay in the fridge for up to 2 months. For optimal harvest start them as quick as possile.
Nothing has grown for a long time…is that normal?
It happens that a grow kit can take even up to 4 weeks, before mushrooms start growing. This varies on type of kit, temperature and environment. The colder it is, the longer the growing process takes.
Do you sell shrooms?
Yes. We shroom grow kits and Shroom. You can grow and harvest your own, which is very easy and sustainable.
Why are mushrooms growing from the side of the kit?
It can sometimes happen that the grow kit is too dense at the top. When the mushrooms start to grow out of the sides, you can put the cake upright, as seen in the added picture. It gives the cake enough space for the grow bag. In this way, more air holes are exposed, so it is important to spray extra water inside the bag once a day.