Fufufungu – King Oyster Liquid Culture Syringe: Grow King Oysters Fast!
This king oyster liquid culture (Pleurotus eryngii) will have you cultivating these popular and tasty edible mushrooms in no time! A liquid culture enables rapid colonization of your selected substrate.
The finest substrates for king oyster mycelium are straw or indoor grow bags with added sawdust or masters mix. Under ideal conditions, a substrate can be fully colonized within a couple of weeks of being infected with a liquid culture, which is significantly faster than using a spore solution!
The caps of king oyster mushrooms can grow to be 3-10cm in diameter. They have a meaty flavor and texture and can be utilized as an element in a variety of cuisines, typically serving as the main ingredient.
They are primarily used in East Asian cookery, but they can be adapted to other cuisines as well. These liquid cultures make it simple to produce king oyster mushrooms at home. Start growing!
- 1x 20ml liquid culture syringe
- 2x alcohol wipes
- 1x sterilised needle
- Use within 2 months after delivery. Store in a cool, dark place such as the refrigerator. Protect from UV light.
- 2–5ml per litre/quart jar of sterilised grain.
- Shake well before use. This helps to loosen the mycelium, ensuring an even distribution when applying the liquid to different substrates/spawn containers.
- After use, the liquid culture should be stored in the refrigerator. Dry thoroughly before replacing the protective cover to prevent rust from forming on the needle.
- Additionally, you can heat the needle with a lighter to evaporate residual water, before allowing it to cool. Once cool, replace the protective cover, secure the LC in a ziplock bag, and store it in the refrigerator.
- While more LC generally leads to faster colonisation, it’s not recommended to exceed 5ml per litre/quart jar.
- For grain still moist after hydration/sterilisation, less LC per litre/quart jar is safer, as excess water can lead to bacterial growth.