Magic Mushroom Grow Kit B+ XP by FreshMushrooms®
It is quite simple to grow Magic Mushroom Grow Kit B+ XP by FreshMushrooms®. Because of the fully colonized substrate and the absence of fillers, these kits require no care. You don’t have to do much to get your first flush with high psilocin levels. Follow the directions below to ensure a plentiful harvest of mushrooms!
- Fast growing: 1 week to first pins
- High yields: Up to 4 flushes. (in ideal conditions)
- High Potency: According the supplier the XP (Extra Potent) strains are twice as potent!
Contents of B+ XP Mushroom Grow Kit
- 1x B+ Mushrooms Grow box – This contains rye substrate with active mycelium
- 1x Growbag – The bag has filters across the bag.
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring micro organisms that can contaminate the Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, micro organisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Instructions: Starting the B+ Magic Mushroom grow kit
- Take the magic mushroom grow kit, plastic bag and paperclip out of the box. Remove the lid of the mushroom grow kit (store the lid properly). Rinse the lid under running water. You will need it again later (step 7).
- Place the mushroom grow kit without lid in the plastic grow bag (opening at the top). Slide the opening of the bag under the bottom with the micro perforation pointing upwards. The opening of the bag is now largely closed. You do not have to worry about air circulation.
- When you see the first small mushrooms ( called pins), you can put the grow bag upright. Do not water! The first magic mushrooms will be visible after about 1 week.
- Place the mushroom grow kit in an area with enough daylight and at a temperature between 18 °C and 28 °C. NEVER place the grow kit in direct sunlight. Although mushrooms will grow at almost any temperature above 15 °C, 23 °C is the ideal temperature for an optimal harvest. Special heat mats are available to ensure this temperature and not have to heat the entire room.
- When the mushrooms are slightly bigger as the pins keep the bag a bit open the entire time so the moisture can evaporate (Phase 2). Too much moisture is not good.
The first mushrooms will appear after about a week. Your first harvest will be around a week later. Make sure to harvest before the first spores fall! Freshmushrooms grow kits yield their first harvest rather rapidly. After just one week, the first buds are evident. This growth process may be slightly slowed by low and high temperatures. It normally takes one to two weeks for the mushrooms to fully mature.
- These kits can produce several mushroom harvests. To do so, fill the kit with clean tap water after the first harvest. This process is known as cold shock. It breathes new life into the mycelium and ensures that enough moisture is present for the mushrooms to grow.
- Place the lid of the grow Kit back on the kit. Let the kit rest for 12 hours. Open a corner of the lid and drain the excess water. From here you can follow the instructions from step 1 again. This process can be repeated several times.
Growing with a heatingmat (use only for this brand)
Place the plastic bag containing the Grow Kit on the heat mat. Turn on the heat mat. After two days, turn off the heat pad and wait for the buds to form, which normally takes between five and ten days. Then, turn on the heat mat again and slightly unzip the top of the bag to allow the moisture to evaporate.
What should you do if the buds haven’t formed after ten days? Remove the cake from the plastic box, place it back in the plastic box on its side, and repeat the two-day process with the heat mat.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store themagic mushroom grow kit inside a Soaking Bag in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 4 weeks after the production date.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Do not have the temperature drop under 18°C and not exceed 29°C. To keep the temperature from dropping under the 18°C, you can use a thermo mat to maintain the ideal temperature. A thermo mat is a must-have in the winter or colder regions of the world.
The magic mushroom grow kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun to shine directly on the grow kit.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 7 and 10
days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
When the veil between the hat and the stem has barely torn, the mushrooms are ripe and ready to be plucked. Don’t put it off any longer. Put on surgical gloves or clean your hands, wrists, and arms. Pick only the ripe mushrooms and leave the others to develop. There is no top layer of vermiculite on the cake.
This makes picking the mushrooms much easier than with ordinary grow kits. Holding the mushrooms between your thumb and index finger, you can simply pull them out of the cake. They mushroom almost quickly let go. Pick the tiny mushrooms and pins once you’ve picked the majority of the larger mushrooms.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms thrive where there is enough light and little penetrating resistance. Because the sun shines on the sides of the cake, mushrooms may grow there as well. This is difficult to dispute and is permissible. To keep the sides of the grow box dark, some gardeners cover them in aluminum foil, although this doesn’t always work.
When mushrooms grow there, collect them immediately before soaking the kit:
Hands are clean! Remove the grow box from the bag and set it on your other hand, upside down. Wiggle the plastic box until the cake falls out and onto your hand. Place the plastic box on a disinfecting surface. You can now pick the mushrooms off the sides of the cake with this hand. When all of the mushrooms have been selected, return the cake to the plastic box and continue the soaking process.
After the second flush, if no additional mushrooms grow out of a grow kit for at least three weeks, or if the Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit can be discarded.The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacteria. The Psilocybe cubensis Magic mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and the grow kit should be discarded outside in the garbage.
When you pluck the mushrooms too late, they will drop their spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains will turn red/brown). This isn’t a big deal; it just doesn’t look very nice. When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts. This kit is meant for small-scale home use only.
|Grow Kit type||FreshMushrooms|
|Potency||Average / High|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||24ºC|
|Yield (from)||100 grams|
|Yield (to)||300 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|