Acid Shroomz – Melmac Monster Liquid Culture: Strap Yourself In For A Deep, Visual Trip
The Melmac Monster mushroom is a strain of Psilocybe cubensis discovered by Terence McKenna and stabilized by Steven Pollock or Richard Gutierrez (depending on which mushy mythology you believe).
According to legend, McKenna discovered Penis Envy in the Amazon rainforest and gathered its spore print, which Pollock or Gutierrez utilized in a laboratory to isolate and stabilize the mushroom’s genetics.
The Melmac Monster produces albino-like fruit with long, somewhat distorted white stems and enormous caps that often become blue—an indicator of its strength—hence the moniker Penis Envy mushrooms.
The Melmac Monster is thought to have “above average” potency, producing results similar to the original Penis Envy. Users describe powerful and long-lasting visual and aural hallucinations, as well as a tremendous euphoria and sense of closeness.
Melmac Monster is known to produce blobs, according to Acid Shroomz. Because of the high spawn ratio, adding a casing layer may aid in the growth of more regular-shaped mushrooms with the Melmac Monster’s trademark long stems.
Don’t be concerned if your Melmac Monster mycelium produces enormous, white blobs rather than completely developed shrooms; Acid Shroomz advocates growing blobs out as usual and simply waiting for your next flush, which will most likely come out normal.
- 1x 20ml liquid culture syringe
- 2x alcohol wipes
- 1x sterilised needle
- Use within 2 months after delivery. Store in a cool, dark place such as the refrigerator. Protect from UV light.
- 2–5ml per litre/quart jar of sterilised grain.
- Shake well before use. This helps to loosen the mycelium, ensuring an even distribution when applying the liquid to different substrates/spawn containers.
- After use, the liquid culture should be stored in the refrigerator. Dry thoroughly before replacing the protective cover to prevent rust from forming on the needle.
- Additionally, you can heat the needle with a lighter to evaporate residual water, before allowing it to cool. Once cool, replace the protective cover, secure the LC in a ziplock bag, and store it in the refrigerator.
- While more LC generally leads to faster colonisation, it’s not recommended to exceed 5ml per litre/quart jar.
- For grain still moist after hydration/sterilisation, less LC per litre/quart jar is safer, as excess water can lead to bacterial growth.